This piece, the Troms, was created after the glimmering Northern Lights that occasionally light up the Norwegian Troms night sky.
Fun Facts about Norway:
- The city’s historic center, on the island of Tromsø, is distinguished by its centuries-old wooden houses.
- Wild camping in Norway is enshrined in the Allemannsretten (the right to roam)
- It is the world’s seventh largest oil exporter and has resisted the temptation to splurge its fortune, choosing instead to deposit the excess wealth into its oil fund.
- To encourage Norwegian men to take care of their children, a 10-week paternity leave quota is reserved for them.
- The Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded in Oslo annually since 1901.
- The Sami people have traditionally inhabited the Arctic region of Norway. The Sami are an indigenous people who historically were nomadic reindeer herders.